martes, 1 de julio de 2014

Raspberry Biscotti


Raspberry Biscotti (22 biscotti)










My boyfriend's family is from a small town near Rome called Frascati; it's such a beautiful and lovely place, with impressing gardens and antique buildings. When we went there last Christmas, as you can expect from an Italian family, I had the pleasure to try all sorts of homemade pasta and sauces and some traditional pastries from an artisanal bakery in Frascati too. My favorite where some cookies named biscotti or cantucci, which are typical from Tuscany, they are usually dry and crunchy but those ones where chewy and soft, I just couldn't stop eating them!! I even bought 2 more boxes because I knew I wouldn't find them in Barcelona. Since I came from Rome, I had been trying to find the recipe, at least I knew the ingredients where flour, flour, eggs, sugar and baking powder I just had to find out the amount of each ingredient. Last week I finally came up with the recipe and they tasted just as the original biscotti!!

Ingredients

- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder

Directions

1 – Preheat the oven at 180°C
2 – In a bowl beat granulated sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs. 
3 – Add flour together with the baking powder and mix until well combined.
4 – Incorporate raspberries by hand or using a spatula.
5 – Divide the dough in two balls and shape them into two large rectangles of about 3 inches wide and 14 inches long.
6 – Bake them for about 20 minutes until golden edges.

Usually when baking biscotti, they need to be baked again but because we want them chewy not dry and hard, we only bake them once.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario